What determines our health in the first place, and how to behave in everyday life in order to avoid dangerous diseases, prolong youth and maintain good health, say leading experts.
GENETICS, MEDICINE, ECOLOGY … LIFESTYLE!
What do you think: what plays the most important role in our health and what is alnok? In 1994, the interdepartmental commission of the Russian Security Council for the protection of public health, based on international scientific and medical data, compiled a rating of factors on which health, morbidity or resistance to disease depends, and, ultimately, human life expectancy. The main contribution is made by:
– genetic factors – 15 – 20%; – the state of the environment – 20 – 25%; – medical support – 10 – 15%; – conditions and way of life of people – 50 – 55%.
In a word, doctors, scientists and analysts have confirmed: first of all, our health is in our own hands and more than half depends on how consciously and responsibly we behave in our daily life.
PRINCIPLE NUMBER 1: GOOD DIET
“The main rule of a healthy lifestyle is proper nutrition,” explains Oksana Drapkina, Chief Freelance Therapist of the Russian Ministry of Health, Director of the National Medical Research Center for Preventive Medicine. – Alas, today more and more obese people appear both in Russia and in the world. Moreover, according to the sample from 1993 to 2013, there were three times more obese men in our country. But the number of obese women has increased slightly.
It is important to understand that being overweight is not only an aesthetic problem, doctors emphasize. Obesity leads to hypertension, contributes to the development of coronary heart disease and increases the risk of myocardial infarction. Just imagine: every extra 4 kilograms leads to an increase in systolic (upper) pressure by 4.5 mm Hg!
Also, with obesity, joints suffer: it is difficult for them and the spine to “carry” extra pounds. And another dangerous consequence of being overweight is that an obese person is a springboard for systemic inflammation of the body, warns Oksana Drapkina. Because adipose tissue contains cytokine substances that support inflammation in the body. And chronic systemic inflammation, in turn, is the path to cancer.
BY THE WAY
Liver cirrhosis without alcohol
Obese people often develop non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, when fat is stored in this organ, despite the fact that the person does not abuse alcohol. This is a “silent” disease that practically does not manifest itself, but at some point can very quickly progress to cirrhosis of the liver, the expert explains.
QUESTION WITH A RIB
Eat less or move more?
How to get rid of dangerous excess weight? “Obesity is an imbalance between the energy we consume and the energy we expend. It is important to understand that what we eat plays a big role in weight gain. Physical activity, oddly enough, affects the position of the balance arrow to a lesser extent, ”says Oksana Drapkina. According to the expert, the main thing that needs to be done to get rid of excess weight is to limit the intake of carbohydrates: sweet and starchy foods. It is because of them that people grow by leaps and bounds. The latest international PURE study found that a diet that consumes 60% of the energy consumed in carbohydrates negatively affects overall mortality.
But fat in a reasonable amount is needed by the body: for example, you can absolutely definitely afford a little butter for bread in the morning, the oil contains valuable vitamin A, the expert explains. But vegetable oils are especially useful – primarily olive and flaxseed, which contain a large amount of unsaturated fatty acids.
PRINCIPLE NUMBER TWO: SMART EXERCISE
The older we get, the less energy we need, which means the need for food decreases. But this does not mean that you need to move less – on the contrary, more, experts urge. Because the metabolism is being rebuilt, and with age, it becomes much more difficult to give energy. And unused energy from food, as you know, goes into body fat.
– Physical activity is not only a barrier to obesity, but also cardio training, the role of which is increasing, since over the years, to one degree or another, in most cases, people have problems with the heart and blood vessels, adds Oksana Drapkina.
– A person who already has diseases of the cardiovascular system should categorically not be allowed a sedentary lifestyle, – the chief physician of the Moscow Regional Center for Medical Prevention, chief specialist in medical prevention of the Central Federal District of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Health of the Moscow Region, professor of the Department of Medical Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy, supports his colleague MONIKI them. M.F. Vladimirsky Ekaterina Ivanova. – At the same time, it is very important to remember that depending on the pathology – cardiovascular or other – there are restrictions on the types and intensity of physical activity.
ON A NOTE
– If there is a pathological lesion of the joints (it almost always accompanies obesity, see above), be sure to contact the instructors or doctors of exercise therapy, who will tell you which movements are useful, based on the localization of the damage to the joints.
– Patients with serious cardiac pathology are contraindicated to exercise in water with full immersion of the heart area, because this increases pressure dangerously. Such people are recommended lighter aerobic activity, for example, regular walking at an average pace, cycling on flat terrain.
The older, the more active
“Our latest study, Essay-RF, showed that people after 40 years of age move more than 25-year-olds,” says Oksana Drapkina, Chief Freelance Therapist of the Russian Ministry of Health. Experts associate such a seemingly unexpected fact with the fact that people of a more mature age think more about their health and take it more responsibly. Alas, for young people sometimes it all comes down to photos from the fitness room, where young people drop by a couple of times a month with one of the main goals of making selfies for social networks.
“It is important for a generation to grow up that believes that being healthy is fashionable,” emphasizes Drapkina. “And for this, first of all, we need long-term and large-scale social advertising, campaigning for a reasonable and healthy lifestyle on TV, radio, Internet media and social networks.”
PRINCIPLE NUMBER 3: POSITIVE ATTITUDE
Yes, a good mood is very important for health, this is not a myth or an exaggeration. A positive attitude can, through a series of specific biochemical reactions, trigger the production of immune agents, doctors say. “Personally, I advise every morning, waking up, to thank for another presented day of life. And no matter what it will be, sunny, rainy, snowy – this is another day of your life. Remember, thoughts are material, and it is very important to literally force yourself to be positive and energetic, ”urges Oksana Drapkina.